Jim Cyngler is the Founder and Director of Cyngler Consulting, which provides mediation, mediation training and facilitation to organisations and individuals.
Fluent in English
Jim began his mediation training with Bond University in 1991 and later on was nationally accredited as a mediator by the National Mediation Approval Standards in 2008. He also is an accredited mediator with the Victorian Bar and was recently appointed by the Federal Court.
Since 1992 when he began practicing as a mediator, Jim has conducted over 3000 mediations. Jim facilitates parties in decision making, often in complex and/or high conflict circumstances.
He helps people in conflict or dispute to evaluate and articulate their priorities and to come to a better appreciation and understanding of each other’s perspectives. Through this approach Jim enables and supports party decision making, which fosters a strong commitment to outcomes. This approach enhances and develops parties’ commercial relationships into the future.
Since the mid-1990s Jim has regularly trained and coached in mediation in Australia and overseas. He is a Fellow and senior trainer for the Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators Australia and is a Principal Instructor under the Australian National Mediation Approval Standards.
Jim mediates across a wide range of disputes in construction, commercial, property, community, anti-discrimination and workplace relations.
In Victoria Jim regularly mediates at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and the Small Business Commission in a range of lists including domestic building, retail tenancy, real property, anti-discrimination and credit.
Jim Cyngler Consulting is a leading trainer of mediation and transforming conflict programs in Australia. These courses are provided to individuals, to the legal, corporate and business sectors as well as to Government agencies. The training provides a framework for resolution of disputes along with a theoretical understanding and practical ability to work with and transform conflict in leadership and management.
1972 Bachelor of Economics, Monash University
1974 LL.B, Monash University
1976 Admitted to the Legal Profession
1979 Signed Victorian Bar Roll
1993 Victorian Bar Mediator Accreditation
1995 Advanced Mediator
2008 Nationally Accredited Mediator
Other Relevant Experience
• Fellow of the Institute of Arbitrators & Mediators Australia (IAMA)
• Graded Arbitrator, Panel of Advanced Mediators, Conciliator,
Victorian Chapter Chair IAMA
• Mediation Chair of IAMA Victorian Chapter
• Member of Leadership Victoria
• Principal Instructor under the Australian National Mediation Standards
• Past Member of the Victorian Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
• LEADR - Panel of Advanced Mediators; skills trainer and coach
• Past member of the LEADR Victorian Chapter Executive
• Victorian Association of Dispute Resolution
• Registered Building Practitioner
• Member of the Master Builders Association of Victoria
Dispute Resolution Appointments
• Federal Court Mediator
• Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal
• Small Business Commission
• Australian Commercial Disputes Centre
• Association of Conflict Resolution
• Master Builders Association Victoria
• Victorian Bar Dispute Resolution Scheme
• NSW Rural Assistance Authority
• Mediator with the NECA and the Family Business Council- Panels of Commercial Arbitrators, Mediators and/or Conciliators
• Australian Communications Industry Forum (ACIF)
Professional Mediation Fees (subject to contract)
1. Hourly rate - HK$ 5,500 including reading and preparation.
2. Full day mediation rate – HK$ 50,000 including preparation. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
3. Overrunning 1 day mediation – HK$5,500 per hour.